TRI TRAINING TIPS BY COACH TROY:
HERE ARE SOME RANDOM TRI TRAINING/RACE TIPS FROM COACH TROY!
1. Build your aerobic engine by focusing on aerobic intensity training.
2. Incorporate some core strengthening work and general resistance training into your program, but don't overdo it 'in season'.
3. Focus on your technique in every training session.
4. Get plenty of quality/complete protein each day.
5. Race at least once every 3-6 weeks "in-season" to build your race fitness.
6. Practice your transitions.
7. Maintain a training log to stay disciplined, focused and to track your progress.
8. Train WITHOUT headphones or music at least once or twice a week to learn how to focus on your breathing and how you're feeling without external distractions.
9. A couple days of the week, train during the hottest part of the day if your upcoming races have the potential to be in hot/humid conditions.
10. Most days, train hard or train easy... minimize the number of 'gray zone' training days that you do.
11. Save your hardest efforts for race day....you can only 'go to the well' a limited number of times each season.
12. Remember, it's not a bike race...it's a triathlon. Balance all 3-sports with proper preparation for each.
Finally, don't take any of it too seriously. After all... you do this stuff for fun and the great lifestyle of health, competition and fitness it has to offer. Once in awhile, skip a workout on purpose or have an extra scoop of ice cream. Your V02max won't suffer and the sun will shine again tomorrow, trust me! :)
- Coach Troy
SPECIAL LIMITED OFFER!!!
Spinervals ENDURANCE BUILDER 5-PACK!
5-Classic Spinervals workout DVDs designed to increase your aerobic and muscular endurance. These workouts are perfect for Ironman and Ironman 70.3 athletes and anyone else who enjoys riding for over 2 hours at a time.
Normally $125.00, purchase the 5-pack for only $89.95 now through Aug. 10, 2010. Enter discount code spin1209 at checkout to receive your discount.
Preview videos from the DVDs, watch coach's notes and ORDER TODAY by clicking HERE!